Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Night Time Lonesome


Slumbered Glass Thoughts

I listen to the animal crowds singing
cause it makes me feel close to you.
and thats all I got
and a pillow friend to my shoulder
a godly bear to hold and claw
my fingers wont freeze anymore
and it's true, your like the colour of my breath
so I think I'll come to visit you in my head
We'll illustrate some dreams
full up with vibrant warmth
creatures of rare and divine sub-concious
rapping their knuckles on the wooden table
while we make those artworks
like incandescant fingerprints
I'll spell some words wrong
you close my eyes
then we go home together.

Cold

It bites me
a monster of the heart of darkness
blue and black in one
shrivelling my sore and swollen knuckles
Like metal on skin.
It is mineral to an animal
this animal of vegetable
vegetable grown of mineral
I like those furred ones
on all fours
screaming from their low ribs
a hostile honest tune.
If only I could write sounds
like they're pronounced
illustrate their bloody hearts
bottle their souls
then I truly would be
cold.

Linguistic Recycling

The more words I write
the less important they become
who will care for a word
which has been written
a hundred times before
Recycle my soul
will it still be coloured when your done?
will it still have it's juice
fat like before,
with kiwi fruits at it's corners
to entice you to its core
Those lovers who whisper
stories in the ear
repeat their love endlessly
desperate for the fear
the words will not be true
and lose their meaning
"I love you"
Will you still be interested
when my soul has been recycled,
pale old and thin,
in my cold and frail body,
a corrugated bin.

City Skates

The animals of the street
will bear rapture in their arms
Their howling brings the darkness down
a veil upon alarm
The mischeif painted on their faces
thick eyes and broken teeth
Their skeleton of bone and fur
to rupture stick and leaf.
Windy night whistling in their wheels
a tune of glass and stone
the conversations humans have
bodies shaped like telephones
surfing blackened pavement
all the allys we shall creep
climbing the highest hilltop
flying down the steepest steep
like a dreamer in pajama
tail a-flyin out behind
moon dancing on our bent bodies
waves of thought across our minds
like the freedom at out fingertips
moulded and obtuse
ready to overwhelm us
as a driver yells abuse.

No comments: