Sunday, August 2, 2009

O' Tattered Moth.


A moth sat crushed between the gate
of inside world to out
As I searched along the floor
And saw the victim flout

These wings of colour
pink and brown
tattered and abused
Short is the lifetime of a moth
with which my journey fused

And in a moment saw his face
This history on his back
The darkness of the night inscribed
like stars upon the black
A noble creature of the night
discovered yet by day
And in my hand to my delight
He slowly starts to say

His travelling story told to me
The lonesome of the dark
the harsh country, the biting of the cold
the beckon of a spark

And then he muttered in my ear
the wind upon a wing
and how he came to light in night
to see the shadows sing

I hug these thoughts
now close to mine
and hear them in my head
and wonder where the night begins
when humans are in bed

No comments: