Thursday, February 7, 2013

man/otter/boy


While you are in the kitchen I am wide eyed sleeping
on another plane I feel you walking in me

there’s a ticking at the window
and cars crash on the outside
but we’re inside my head
You are drinking up the goats milk
filling up that white glass
but I can’t leave the bed

there’s familiarity in all our foreign fixtures
the salt gets into me & seagulls call their sisters

outside dark that knows us both
we get scared under our coats
but waters in our ears

The ride will rub it off us
and jump into a steamy
mist to disappear

You are close to me and features all go fuzzy
sometimes you cant see, this book is oh so muddy

the otter rubs his whiskers
deep into her body
and she is fully dressed
with every bit of happy
he slaps at a mosquito
her blood is all that’s left

“Spill some more red wine, you’ve got to use your poncho”
Look up at the sky and see the washing floating

I just love this game
I go insane
but I was unprepared


lets get out into the big world
and lets put on a show girl
cause we don’t fit in here.

No comments: