Wednesday, May 11, 2011

& History






Winter

Biting flesh in dark alleys
& the pavement cold as clutching hands
home travel & suppers
meals & suburban feeds
tormented nostrils of the streets.
We shudder home
in jackets weighty
to some colour for our skins
from these colourless gases alighted in night
our hands rub in heat
our kitchens abright.


& our worn young hearts shall brim.


Waking

The walls are white
the light is thin
like the skin stretched over my bones
Theres a stain shrinking in my brain
the earth is accommodating
and it flies by
this shadow, who haunts me sweetly
its painless & light.
and kisses me in the night
so i let him crawl into my dreams
& paint pictures of another world
a fantasy fresco
alive in my body
touching my paper thoughts
re-writing them anew
and fulfilling echoes of requests
I once held tight.


Walking
I head away
into the streets
the mighty floors
are full of feet
and whether I
am sane or safe
Ill choose to walk
the slowest pace





No comments: