Sunday, May 17, 2009

Alter-Egos


We discovered our alter-egos. Sally, Theo, Moss, Roam, Carlisle, Scout. I am Artemis.

Do you know why their faces are so messy?
They flicker in the candlelight.

The flames prey on a face
lapping in it's wake
Light is like a creature
swallowing the dark,
or dancing tiny dances
to make the magic spark.
Watch it fall before me,
like a hawk upon a hare.
It graces mornings moment,
always to be fair.

So excuse me for my scribblings
I do no justice to the light,
as a tired and drunken traveller
Appreciating sight.

They are the Wild Things, with bushly thrones,
a fire dancing for our joys
Roaring deep into the black
skulls and stars, their wild toys.
The only light for distances
is owned by them alone
Surveyors of the wild bush
on wild wild thrones.

No comments: